The Horseheads Central School District Business Office is located at 143 Hibbard Road, Horseheads. Hours of operation are 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
The Horseheads Central School District mails school tax bills annually at the end of August. School taxes are payable without penalty from September 1 to September 30.
During tax collection time, there are three ways to pay school taxes:
- By mail to Horseheads CSD Lockbox, PO Box 1077, Elmira, NY 14902
- In person at any Chemung Canal Trust Company location
- Online: To pay your school taxes online, click here.
Please note that taxes may not be paid at any school district building, including the business office or at district schools.
Please make checks payable to the Horseheads CSD Tax Collector. Per New York State Real Property Tax Law, the US postmark – not the postage meter date or the date the payment was placed in the mail – is used as the date of receipt.
For taxes remaining unpaid after September 30, or with a postmark date after September 30, a 2% penalty will be added effective October 1 to 31. Per NYS Real Property Tax Law, the district cannot accept payments postmarked after October 31. At that time, unpaid taxes are sent to the Chemung County Treasurer’s Office with additional penalties. Taxes and penalties will be re-levied onto the town and county tax bills in January.
For tax questions prior to October 31, please call (607) 739-5601, x4217. Thank you.
Budget Vote/School Board Election
By state law, the annual Budget Vote and School Board Election is held the third Tuesday in May.
All district residents are eligible to vote, provided they meet the following requirements:
- Are a U.S. citizen
- Are 18 years of age or older on the day of the vote
- Have lived in the district for at least 30 days prior to the vote
- Are not restricted from voting in general elections based on election law
- Are registered to vote in general elections. Unsure if you are registered to vote? Click here.
We ask that residents bring identification to the vote.
Questions? Call (607) 739-5601, x4260 or email email@example.com.
Click here for more information on the 2020-21 School Budget.