HCSD Working Papers Procedure
- The student picks up a working paper/ application in the Health Office.
- The nurse checks the student’s file /medical records to see if physical is valid (one completed within past 12 months)
- The student takes the working papers application home for parents/guardians to fill out Section 1, obtains physical if needed.
- The student brings back the application along with updated physical -if one was needed.
- The working card is issued to the student by the nurse after the student signs the card.
- The employer may or may not keep the working card.
- If the working card becomes lost, dirty etc., please contact the nurse to be issued another copy.
Middle School Nurse Email: email@example.com
Phone: 607-795-2520 x 3653
- Student signs up for working paper in the Health Office.
- Nurse checks student’s file for current physical (done in the last 12 months of sign up).
- Student returns to the Health Office for a working paper application.
- Student takes working papers application home to have parent or guardian sign part 1; may also need to have an updated physical.
- Student brings the signed application (and possibly updated physical) back to the nurse.
- Nurse makes a working card from the information on the application.
- Student returns to the Health Office to pick up the card.
- Student’s employer typically keeps the working card in their file.
- Nurse will make another copy for student as needed.
Information on Working Papers from the New York State Department of Labor: https://dol.ny.gov/working-papers