Horseheads Middle School
Tips for Remote Learning
- Go to bed at the same time you would on normal, in-person, school days. (No later than 10:00!)
- Follow your normal morning routine. Get up and get ready each morning as if it were a regular school day. *You will have a little extra snooze time since you do not have to leave your house.
- Attend all of your classes for the entire period. If your teachers give you time to work on an assignment, quiz or test, stay in class and use the time to complete your work.
- Write your assignments in your planner. This will help you remember what classes you have to go back to during study hall or after school. As you complete each homework assignment, test or quiz, check it off the list.
- Use your study hall time to complete your work. If you were in school, you would have a 4-minute break between each class. Take a 5-10 minute break at home, but use your study hall time to complete your assignments and study for tests/quizzes.
- Only use your cell phone during your 4-minute breaks between classes.
- If you do not understand a concept or an assignment, let your teacher know in the chat. You can meet with him/her during Wednesday’s office hours and other times, if needed. Take advantage of this help.
- Ignore the “due by midnight” deadline. Complete all work during the day or right after school. (See next tip!)
- Get started on homework no later than 4:00. This will give you plenty of free time at night to do what you want.
Have questions or need help? Contact the Main Office, your counselor, or an administrator.
Phone: (607) 739-6357
Mrs. Clark - email@example.com
Mr. Micknich - firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Holloway, Principal - email@example.com
Mr. Hoeffner, Assistant Principal - firstname.lastname@example.org