For job postings and online application links, click here.
PLEASE NOTE: The online application site is currently experiencing technical difficulties. If you are having trouble submitting your application, please contact Michelle Taft (for instructional positions) at firstname.lastname@example.org or Nadine Morgan (for non-instructional positions) at email@example.com.
For more information on an opening, click on the position.
- Technology Teacher - Middle School
- ELA Teacher - Middle School
- Math Teacher - Middle School
- Teacher of Students with Disabilities 15:1 - High School
- PreK Special Education Teacher
- Teacher of Students with Disabilities 15:1
- School Psychologist LTS (anticipated Fall 2023)
- Teaching Assistants
- Substitute Teachers - Learn more here
- Substitute Teaching Assistants
QUALIFICATIONS: Application materials must contain cover letter of interest, district application (download here), resume, three current letters of recommendation, copy of transcripts, and copy of certification or eligibility status. Please click on the position to access our online application site or send materials to Caitlin DeFilippo, Director of Human Resources, Horseheads Central School District, 143 Hibbard Road, Horseheads, NY 14845, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions or are having trouble submitting your application, please contact Michelle Taft (for instructional positions) at email@example.com or Nadine Morgan (for non-instructional positions) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the substitute teacher application, click here.
Click on the position for more information or to apply.
- Student Behavior Monitor
- Bus Drivers*
- Paid training, benefits package, no weekends/holidays or summers. Applicants must be 21 years old. Fingerprint/ background check and drug testing are required.
- $15.00/hour for bus drivers in training
- $21.65/hour with CDL
- Pay rate is $14.75/hour
- Food Service Helpers (Full Time and Substitute)
- Full time: $14.75/hour
- Substitute: $14.20/hour
- Substitute Registered Nurse
- Substitute Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Substitute Cleaners and Bus Drivers*
- Substitute Cleaners: $14.20/hour
- Substitute Bus Drivers: $21.65 per hour with CDL; must be 21 years old or older
- Deadline to apply is open until filled.
Application materials must contain the district application (download here), resume, three current letters of recommendation, and transcripts if applicable. Please send materials to Caitlin DeFilippo, Director of Human Resources, Horseheads Central School District, 143 Hibbard Road, Horseheads, NY 14845, or email to email@example.com.
* Please note: If applying for a position with our Transportation Department, please complete both the district employment application (download here) and the supplemental application for transportation. Use these links for the applications, or see the "More Information" box on this page.
Anticipated Fall 2023-24:
- Head Coach, Modified Volleyball (two positions)
Please send a written letter of interest and a summary of your qualifications to:
Charles DeTaeye, Director of Athletics and Physical Education
Horseheads Central School District
1 Raider Lane
Horseheads, NY 14845
Substitute Teacher/Teaching Assistant Rates - Per Diem
(Paid to the nearest ¼ day)
Uncertified Teacher without Four-Year Degree $100/day
Uncertified Teacher with Four-Year Degree $110/day
Certified Teacher $125/day
Retired Teacher from HCSD $140/day
Retired Teacher from Another District $130/day
Additional Pay for 20 Days of Per Diem Sub Teaching $100
Teaching Assistants $14.20/hour
For the Substitute Teacher information and application, click here.
For the Substitute Teaching Assistant and Non-Instructional Substitute application, click here.
The Horseheads Central School District is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, national origin, creed, religion, marital status, military status, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, or disability.
Members of the public can call the district's Human Resources Office at (607) 739-5601, x4211 or x4212 to learn about any current openings. Potential applicants may provide completed application materials to be kept on file, but should note that the district is unable to automatically consider anyone for openings. If there is a specific opening for which an applicant wishes to be considered, he/she must notify the district by e-mail or in writing. A completed application includes:
- Cover letter
- Completed application (download here)
- Proof of certification (if applicable)
- Three current letters of reference (less than one year old)
To apply, click on the open position or send materials to the following address:
Human Resources Office
Horseheads Central School District
143 Hibbard Road
Horseheads, NY 14845
Questions? Call 607-739-5601, x4211 or x4212 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Horseheads Central School District offers educational programs without regard to gender, race, color, national origin, or disability. Inquiries regarding this policy may be made to Caitlin DeFilippo, Title IX/DASA Coordinator and Co-Civil Rights Compliance Officer; Anthony Gill, Co-Civil Rights Compliance Officer; or Kelly Squires, Section 504 Coordinator, Horseheads Central School District, One Raider Lane, Horseheads, NY 14845, (607) 739-5601. Learn more ...